Senior Real Estate Surveyor
Location – Swindon or Essen based (International Role)
Contract Type – Permanent
Working Hours – Full time
Closing date - 4 October 2023
Main Purpose of the Role
RWE Technology Limited is looking for a senior Real Estate Surveyor to join a growing team.
The team is responsible for the management of the UK office & workshop portfolio on behalf of the RWE group companies. RWE currently operates in a number of locations in the UK, including a recently refurbished office headquarters in Swindon, Wiltshire. Other significant sites include prime offices in London and Coventry. The growing team is also responsible for managing and overseeing a portfolio of Renewables properties Globally.
The Senior Real Estates Surveyor will provide professional property consultancy advice and assistance on operational and non-operational property management relating to the RWE Generation property portfolio in the UK and elsewhere, or on commercial property management relating to all RWE group companies. They will be responsible for managing a significant and diverse estate ranging from land and non-operational buildings on operational and surplus, reserve or closed former operational sites as well as the taking of and granting various short term commercial lettings and other rights and interests in land throughout the UK and Globally.
The key attributes for the Senior Real Estate Surveyor role are:
- Degree and Chartered Surveyor status with several years post-qualification experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of property management in a utility or major land owner environment
- Ability to oversee and manage property consultants outside of the UK
- Experience of advising and providing technical information to senior management and experience of working with cross functional teams
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude, initiative and sound judgement
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Flexible with international travel and approach to finding improved and innovative ways of managing the portfolio
- Committed to high standards and timely performance
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prioritise and work independently and of their own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation ability with public, internal staff and at all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationship with tenants, landowners and other 3rd party stakeholders (planning authorities, public, etc…)
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions about the Estate
- Freehold & Leasehold Land & Property management - Accountable for proactively managing RWE properties in line with property law and RICS standards.
- Management of a diverse portfolio in accordance with UK law, RICS standards, H&S and environmental best practice.
- Professional property strategy advice and services in terms of property/land, divestment or acquisition projects including demolition projects.
- Appointment and management of specialists consultants and contractors.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external to senior level)
- Budget management including Financial Management and oversight (Tax, Business Rates, dilapidations, service charges etc)
What we offer our people
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes a 15% bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To see the excellent range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit: https://www.rweukjobs.com/our-benefits
Working at RWE
To find out more about what it’s like to work at one of Europe’s largest energy companies and what we are all about we have a wealth of information on our Careers pages. https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal
Here you can meet some of the team, find out more about Diversity at RWE, what your onboarding will look like and some FAQs.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our energy for a sustainable life
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.