SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR
Leading Salary + Benefits
Hatfield Park Estate Office, Hertfordshire
Gascoyne Estates own and manage extensive private family property holdings within London, Hatfield in Hertfordshire and Cranborne, Dorset. Hatfield Estate is managed by a dedicated management team based at the Estate Office, located within Hatfield Park.
Residential properties range from period farmhouses and cottages through to townhouses and flats; commercial properties range from a variety of office premises to retail and storage units. Gascoyne takes pride in acting as a professional landlord and encourages a positive working relationship with its tenants and customers.
Hatfield Park, whilst rooted in history, is a modern, vibrant, and dynamic estate. The portfolio comprises an extensive stock of buildings which range in age and size, this includes Hatfield House and the Old Palace, both of which are Grade 1 listed. Uses are equally wide ranging and include residential, commercial, industrial, retail and agricultural properties. Extensive numbers of the buildings held and managed are of historical significance.
The Property Department, based on the Hatfield Estate, is responsible for the management of all building, refurbishment, maintenance, and other construction related activity on the Estate. The department holds a key role in delivering maintenance, whilst also unlocking income and development potential throughout the Hatfield portfolio. An enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual is required to play a vital part of the numerous refurbishment projects ranging across residential and commercial properties to Hatfield House and the Old Palace itself. Reporting to the Head of Property, the successful candidate will play a vital role overseeing a considerable variety of interesting works and ensuring consistent and efficient delivery of established maintenance programmes. This is an exceptional opportunity to take on an autonomous role in a diverse portfolio including some exceptionally rare heritage properties. This will include working both with internal resources and a number of external consultants.
Reporting to the Head of Property, the suitable individual will be:
- Innovative, well organised, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Ideally RICS Qualified Building Surveyor with a number of years of experience and a track record of demonstrable achievement in site supervision, project management and contract administration. Broader knowledge of estate management practices would be advantageous as would experience in heritage buildings.
- Not looking for a ‘9-5’ role, happy and able to demonstrate a commitment that goes beyond this whilst capable of working under pressure, managing and prioritising workloads.
- Genuinely passionate about architecture and design, with a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Possess a practical working knowledge of both traditional and current construction methodology.
- Competent in all key areas including drawing/CAD and preparation of specification documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a busy and challenging team environment
- Able to demonstrate an attention to detail plus understanding of compliance requirements.
- A high degree of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Energetic, tenacious, and hands-on with strong attention to detail. Committed team player with excellent communication skills, natural diplomacy and common sense.
An excellent salary, benefits and working environment is offered for the right individual. Rental accommodation is available if required.
Please email your CV with full salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or further information please contact Charlie Holroyde on 07973 116262.
Mulberry Executive Search Ltd have been retained by Gascoyne Estates to handle this assignment.