Strategic Estate Alignment Manager
Vacancy Reference 313953
Closing Date – Friday 6th October 2023
Location – London, Birmingham, Blackpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield & Manchester
Salary - £52,412 to £63,517 (National) and £57,631 to £68,918 (London)
DWP has the largest commercial estate in government and our team is committed to being smaller, greener and better – helping people to work, grow and thrive. Our estate provides accommodation for colleagues who support millions of daily customer interactions in Jobcentres and Health Assessment centres, back of house offices delivering frontline services and hub sites housing expert functions such as Policy, Finance, Digital and HR.
The DWP Estates function ensures the smooth and efficient operation of this network on a day-to-day basis. We manage a private sector supply chain that delivers essential services such as security guarding, maintenance, property and leasehold, construction, cleaning and facilities management. Many of these services are business critical and we cannot safely open our offices without them.
Our ambitions are to:
- Transition to a smaller, more affordable, and adaptable estate
- Invest in improving DWP’s buildings and infrastructure, conducted mainly through an extensive programme of planned replacement works
- Meet our agreed Government Greening Commitments - creating a culture where sustainability is embedded
- Expertly deliver cost effective services
- Create a professional working culture that is best in class across the Government Property world.
There is no better time to join us as we transform our estate and make our buildings fit for the future.
This is a leadership role requiring an individual who has experience in leading strategy and business case development. This person will ideally have worked for a large property occupier and be skilled in translating business needs into commercially viable property solutions aligned to DWP’s future operating model, in response to Government Estates strategy, DWP vision, recent expansion of its portfolio as well as supporting any future transformation programmes to support DWP. Working with Strategy and Portfolio Planning and other senior stakeholders responsible for a large and diverse estate this role will align portfolios to enhance strategic decision making to continually improve DWP’s buildings and infrastructure.
Government Property Profession Career Framework
This role sits within the following:
- Job Family – Strategic Asset Management
- Core Role – Property Portfolio Management
- Level – Senior Practitioner