- Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor
- Up to £80k OTE Incl. Salary £50k - £65k + 14-22% bonus + £5k car allowance (or car)
- Chartered Building Surveying practice
- Midlands – Remote working in Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham area
This Chartered Building Surveying practice specialises in insurance reinstatement, which has repeatedly been shown to be a recession/disaster proof sector. With zero staff losses and continued growth in staff numbers, they offer a busy workload within a friendly company that is happy to reward hard work and dedication with competitive salaries and an excellent bonus scheme (recently up to 22% of salary achieved).
Person Specification: Building Surveyor
- Ideal MRICS but non-chartered with strong insurance reinstatement experience considered.
- Experience in handling design/contract administration.
- Experience and understanding of CAD, CDM Regs 2015, The Party Wall etc. Act 1996, Building Regulation and Planning Legislation.
- Full driving licence and happy to travel
Roles & Responsibilities: Building Surveyor
Working remotely and reporting to the office 1 day/week, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project lifecycle, from initial safety, strip-out or demolition, through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover.
- Inspect and provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of all types of buildings and sites.
- Inspections to involve measured surveys, defect diagnosis and associated investigations.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify, and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
- To prepare reports, specifications and drawings for the repair, refurbishment, demolition, and re-building of all types of buildings.
- To tender projects and provide post tender analysis.
- To oversee works using recognised building contracts and to current technical standards.
- Work independently as project lead with sound knowledge on all aspects of professional consultancy services.
- To understand and apply other relevant legislation such as health and safety, party wall, building regulations and planning legislation.
- To play an active part in promoting the company’s services to secure projects and promote the business.
Salary & Package: Building Surveyor
Salary of £50,000 – £65,000 + profit share bonus of up to 22% of salary, giving an OTE of up to £80,000 + the following package;
- Car allowance of £5,000 or electric/hybrid car
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible working
This RICS regulated practice of Chartered Building Surveyors was established in 1973 and offers a range of services across the commercial, private and public sectors with a focus on insurance reinstatement. Working across the UK, they operate from bases in London, the South East, the Midlands and the North West.
They specialise in insurance reinstatement, dealing with the refurbishment or re-building of properties severely damaged by fire, flood, impact, escape of water etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project from initial safety, strip out or demolition through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover.
They offer a broad range of work both in size and type, along with a supportive team environment and generous bonuses that have recently paid up to 22% of salary. This gives OTE’s of £65,000 – £80,000!
In line with their expansion plans this practice of 50 staff are now recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor to service The Midlands.
Register your interest –
To register your interest please apply on this page.
For an immediate response or to discuss this role in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 07769 551846