Role: Estates Manager
Beach Baker is delighted to be working in partnership with MDL Marinas - a privately owned marina operator and property company with offices located in Southampton.
This role as Estates Manager is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive team of property professionals with an emphasis on autonomy and focus on income and occupancy within the assigned portfolio.
Covering their South East Coast and Central region.
MDL Marina's is the UK's leading Marina Operator. Its property business, MDL Estates, manages a multi-asset class portfolio with circa 500 commercial tenants across 18 UK locations across southern England.
The MDL team includes experienced and professionally qualified specialists in all facets of marina development and marina operations.
During the course of 50 years' operating in the marina sector the team have developed a complete in-house management and development resource that is not only self-sufficient but broad in its experience and knowledge.
- This is a great opportunity to join a company that progress and develop their team.
- The chance to work alongside dynamic and motivated individuals, where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork, with weekly team meetings to discuss ideas and new ways of working. The team pride themselves on being approachable and flexible to get the best out of their people.
- Working in a fast-paced client-side environment where decisions and strategy are formulated that shape the direction of the property portfolio.
- You will have a competitive salary and other benefits including pension, health and life insurance and discretionary bonus
- Have hands-on involvement in managing, maintaining, and developing the company's property portfolio, leading to a comprehensive understanding and greater control over property-related decisions.
- To be responsible for the effective development and management of the various marina estates which are allocated to you, therefore having great autonomy over your estates to manage and develop.
- Working closing with the Marina Manager's to offer high quality and excellent customer service to the marina teams, commercial and residential tenants and that the profit potential of each estate is maximised.
The ideal candidate
- Ideally RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor with at least 2 years post qualified experience with commercial estates, asset or property management experience.
- Have a RICS accredited degree in Real Estate, or similar and have worked in commercial property.
- Understanding of Landlord & Tenant legislation.
- Competent IT skills required, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and property management systems.
- Applicants will need a full driving licence and a car for business.
So what does the role involve:
Estate Management & Lettings
- Identification of opportunities for asset optimisation.
- Prepare annual rent, insurance and service charge budgets.
- To play an active role as a member of the management team and to contribute to business planning and the overall success of the MDL Estates
Rent Reviews and Lease Renewals
- Promptly action in accordance with Landlord & Tenant Act (where applicable).
- New terms are to be quoted for rent reviews and lease renewals 6 months prior to the due / expiry date.
- Seek out opportunities to add value to the estate and grow rental income.
- Prioritise investments, maximising returns and the cash impact to the P&L.
- Ensure that high quality capex applications are submitted to the Board on time and implement approved projects in accordance with the capex budget.
Service Charge & Repairs
- Co-ordinate and distribute budget/reconciliation reports for tenants and deal with all queries.
- Ensure your marina estates are fully compliant, working closely with the Property Infrastructure and Facilities Management team, and QSHE Manager.
- Manage MDL's leasehold interests to ensure compliance and minimise cost.
Vacant Property & Rates
- Review vacant property lists each month and ensure that i) vacant property rates relief has been secured, ii) new letting particulars are prepared and iii) the property is advertised.
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Discretionary bonus
- 23 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Westfield Optional Healthcare Cash Plan: Employee £6pcm / MDL £6 pcm
- Life Assurance Death in Service payment : up to 3x annual salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance plan
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, or would like more information including our candidate information pack, please contact Marie Skuce at email@example.com or 07717 829 940 in confidence.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Recruitment for review.