Are you a Valuer and Estates Surveyor experienced in asset management looking for the next role to make your mark?
We looking for an experienced Valuer & Estates Surveyor to be part of our Asset team providing valuation and specialist estates advice for various projects. Including broadening portfolios and strategic investments, reviewing and managing existing properties for asset management purposes, ensuring benefit to the local community whilst continuing to be profitable.
About the role…
You will be a trusted professional within the Asset team in providing valuations, guidance and recommendations as necessary for the proactive management of the Councils land and property portfolios and associated transactions. Our diverse portfolio ranges from single site clients to multi-tenanted properties, listed buildings, development land to multiple commercial letting and industrial estates.
Providing all valuation requirements including annual capital and insurance valuations, valuations for rental purposes including rent reviews, lease renewals and surrenders together with valuations for property option appraisals and development proposals. You will also be required to undertake a wide range of estate management work including lettings, reviews, renewals and inspections.
As part of the role you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the shaping of property related policies and use, working in accordance with the Council’s policies, aims and objectives including the Council’s Land & Property Asset Management Plan.
Sitting within a wider service area, the Asset team works alongside Council Priorities, Project Management and Property. Publica is a Council owned employment company which delivers shared services between Cotswold, West Oxfordshire, and Forest of Dean District Councils and Cheltenham Borough Council. The Asset team is responsible for property portfolios across three of these partner Councils.
If you feel this role is of interest then we would love to hear from you.
You will need…
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Experience of asset management work within a Local Authority portfolio is desirable. We would also welcome candidates within the private sector who currently work in a Vauler and Estates Surveyor role.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Use of a car for work purposes
Who are we…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 27 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
To apply for this position please click on "apply now" within this page to complete an application form and supporting statement together with your CV. Please tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications, experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job description/person specification. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica Group Ltd. Your CV will not be available to the hiring manager unless you are shortlisted for interview to assist with our non-biased screening process so please ensure you complete the application form in full.
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.