My clients’ Property & Asset Management team is looking to add a chartered Surveyor/Senior Surveyor into their London office.
This role will involve comprehensive involvement in Property & Asset Management, primarily focusing on multi-let office spaces. The geographic scope includes regional portfolio management in London and the South East. The ideal candidate should possess prior experience in managing multi-let office properties with service charges. Additionally, they should be an effective communicator, self-driven, and highly detail oriented.
· You will assume the role of independently overseeing the daily operations of multiple commercial properties.
· Collaboration with fellow surveying colleagues, facilities managers, property administrators, and the property management accounts team will be integral to your work.
· Your responsibilities will encompass evaluating and ensuring compliance with tenant lease covenants.
· You will be responsible for establishing, overseeing, and reporting on annual budgets for maintenance and service charges.
· Close coordination with other departments will be necessary to ensure the delivery of all essential services to the managed properties and the client.
· Your role will play a significant part in fostering a positive and forward-thinking team and business culture.
Background & Education:
· A track record and expertise in commercial property management, along with a solid understanding of Landlord & Tenant law, including the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
· Proficiency and experience in managing both single-let and multi-let office buildings.
· Strong grasp of budget formulation, cost control, and service charge recovery/administration.
· Knowledge in building construction, mechanical and electrical installations, and contract management.
· Competence in lease renewals, rent reviews, and the processes of lettings, disposals & acquisitions.
· Awareness of Health and Safety regulations and best practices.
· Meticulous attention to detail, coupled with strong numerical and written communication skills.
· Ability to draft clear, concise reports with well-substantiated conclusions and recommendations.
· Goal-oriented and capable of working efficiently.
· Comfortable working in a collaborative and respectful team environment.
· Being MRICS is preferred.
· Possess a full UK driving license.
· Familiarity with Property Management software, such as TRAMPS and YARDI, is a plus.
The position is well paid and includes all your standard perks including, private healthcare, bonuses and social activities.
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 8 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options, I’d love to hear from you.