£50k - £55k per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Office based in Morriston, Swansea
Are you a multi-skilled Chartered Surveyor with a passion for property development and investment? Compton Group, a thriving family-run property group, is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in Morriston, Swansea, due to the retirement of the current postholder.
Since 1955, Compton Group has been engaged in property development and investment. The Group now boasts an extensive portfolio of over 57,000 property interests across England and Wales. We specialize in residential and commercial property development as well as ground rent investments. We want to recruit a surveyor who will play a pivotal role in maximising opportunities to grow the business.
As a key member of our team, you'll be based in our Morriston office, working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team. This role offers unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and autonomy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the sale at auction of surplus land and houses from the property portfolio. Instructing auctioneers to sell the properties and working with solicitors on sale contracts and auction procedures. Liaising with contractors to prepare buildings and land ready for auction.
- Seeking residential or commercial planning consent for parcels of vacant land in the Group portfolio.
- Collaborating with our architect on roof top development opportunities on residential blocks and assisting with planning applications, planning appeals, appointment of contractors and disposals.
- Managing rent reviews and lease renewals with tenants.
- Advising on Capital Value assessments on ground rent reviews in accordance with the terms of the leases and giving appropriate instructions to our rent collection team.
- Monitoring fibre optic negotiations, agreeing terms and liaising with in-house solicitors.
- Monitoring our application for a 350 MW battery energy storage system with National Grid.
- Advising on a 110-acre freehold site in Deeside for commercial, residential or energy use.
- Processing electric vehicle charging applications, negotiating terms and instructing the legal team.
- Handling Party Wall applications and instructing surveyors on our behalf.
- Advising in-house property managers on licences for alterations.
- Exploring opportunities for installing solar panels on residential blocks.
- Providing general property advice to in-house solicitors and property managers.
- Identifying opportunities to develop value within the portfolio.
Qualifications and Experience
To excel in this role, you'll need a RICS qualification and at least 10 years of experience as a general practice surveyor in residential and commercial investment or development. Knowledge of energy projects, self-motivation and excellent initiative are crucial.
Reporting directly to the company owner, you'll work closely with our in-house solicitors and architect (who are based in Morriston) and our accounts and legal teams in Chennai (where our back office is situated), along with external consultants as needed.
Location, Working Pattern, and Benefits
Our office is conveniently located in Morriston, Swansea, close to J45 of the M4. The position is office-based for 35 hours per week, offering flexible working hours between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. Some travel will be required.
We provide a contributory pension scheme, employer contribution, performance-related bonus, and discounts on Group company products and services.
Take the next step in your career journey and join us at Compton Group, where your skills and expertise will shape the future of the Group’s property development and investment