Turner Property Recruitment are delighted to be working alongside a Central London based SME Building Consultancy who specialise in capital development and project management.
This forward thinking consultancy are expanding the Building Surveying area of their business with the recruitment of an enthusiastic and talented Building Surveyor who is MRICS chartered or has 5 years plus experience in level three surveying with significant residential expertise, preferably involving public sector.
The role they are looking to recruit for is to provide Building Surveying services to undertake condition surveys and support the project management team with the delivery of construction projects from inception to completion.
To be considered for this position, applicants should meet the following criteria:
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Building and maintaining strong client relationships
· Undertaking building surveys and site inspections
· Produce schedule of conditions, reports, defect surveys and PPM schedules, mainly in the education sector
· Preparation of Schedules of Work and Specifications for all types of maintenance and construction projects
· Management of sub-consultants and contractors
· Delivery of contract administration services
· Arranging meetings and collating project documentation as required
· Carrying out condition and asset management surveys
· Experience in the provision of professional Building Surveying services such as technical due diligence advice
· Proactively assist the project management team in the day to day delivery of projects;
· Attend client meetings and take accurate minutes/notes;
· Development of project documentation, programmes, reports and budgets;
· Monitor and report contractors progress; and
· Work with external clients and consultant teams.
Key skills required:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal
· Excellent time management
· Capable report and specification writing skill
· Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· To be a strong team worker with a proactive and willing attitude
· MRICS Qualification or 5 years + experience in level three surveying with significant residential expertise, preferably involving public sector
· A generous company pension scheme
· 28 days of holiday a year (increasing with years’ service)
· Christmas office closure
· Competitive salary and an excellent discretionary bonus
· Hybrid work environment
· Fun work socials
Salary on offer for this role is up to £70,000 per year.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org