Cobalt Recruitment are working with a Local Authority in Hertfordshire to recruit an interim MRICS Lead Estates Surveyor for an initial 3-6 month contract, offering £47.00-£52.00 per hour LTD rate (inside IR35 via Umbrella Company) depending on experience.
The successful candidate will assist the Valuation and Estates Team Leader to provide estate management negotiations, maintenance and valuation services on all Council property. You will give professional advice to Members, the public and other organisations and be responsible for land sales and acquisitions from initial enquiries through to completion stage.
The post-holder will be expected to manage and support the Graduate, Estates Technician and any other applicable surveying roles within the team for the balanced division of work based on their skill sets and provide support for their roles in conjunction with the Estates and Valuation Team Leader. You will approve work completed by the technician/graduate where applicable and to provide guidance, mentoring and support where required. You will deliver service within the specified function or functions, ensuring that these services are delivered within the Council's framework of quality standards, performance targets, budgetary control and legislative requirements.
You will be required to support the Assistant Director Group Manager and Team Leader, as part of the service team, in delivering the corporate vision, values and strategic priorities of the Council. You will act as advisor to the Assistant Director and Group Manager and senior management on the allocated service, working on key projects across the organisation to provide specialist advice and guidance where applicable on all matters relating to commercial property. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other services, and senior management to ensure that services are joined up appropriately and are aligned to the achievement of the Council's aims and objectives.
The position is 37 hours per week, 1-2 days on-site per week with remote working.
You will have/be:
- Qualified to MRICS standard (current chartered member in a suitable Estates specialism or a reasonable level of post qualified experience circa 3-6 years relevant Estates experience).
- Degree in Estates Management or similar.
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Legislation and Practice.
- Ability to directly communicate effectively with tenants, Councillors and the public.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to negotiate effectively on behalf of the Council.
- Ability to undertake property transactions, such as acquisitions and disposals.
- Good knowledge and experience to be able to undertake different types of commercial Valuations.
- Experience in managing and developing others.
- Ability to collate, assess and make commercial property decisions.
If this is something of interest or you would like to have a more detailed conversation about the position, please apply for the role or contact Connor Humpage on 020 7478 2554 / 07714230479.