About the role
To take the business to the next level in our exciting development, we are looking for a highly competent Chartered Building Surveyor to help manage Plymouth Community Homes built assets. You will provide the specialist professional advice for the strategic management of PCH built assets that will allow us to achieve our corporate goals and make a difference to the lives of our residents.
We’re looking for someone who will be a key part of our Asset Strategy and Delivery Team with an understanding of; scoping, planning and delivering major capital programmes, ensuring our homes are attractive and enjoyable to live in.
In terms of qualifications, we’re looking for someone who is educated to Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Approved Diploma or Degree level in Building Surveying. You should also be a current Member of RICS.
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who:
- Is an enthusiastic team player
- Has demonstrable experience of construction and project delivery work
- Has extensive knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, CDM and Contract management
- Adopts a proactive approach to continuing professional development
About Plymouth Community Homes
We are the city’s largest social housing association, with over 16,000 properties providing homes for more than 35,000 people, and we’re aiming to grow, to provide more people with high-quality, affordable homes to rent and buy.
With a great workforce and a focus on people, we deliver good quality, well-managed and well-maintained homes.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time and hybrid working
- Excellent pension scheme with a high level of employer contributions
- Free, fully equipped onsite gym and changing facilities.
- The opportunity to carry out volunteer work for 3 days a year through our Make a Difference scheme
- Annual leave of 25 days (rising to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays and holiday trading option
- Free Employee Assistance programme, including free counselling
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Cycle to Work scheme
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful and vibrant part of the Southwest
- We support digital working with modern devices/smart phones
- It's fun to work here- we have dress down Fridays, company quizzes, and lots of charity events throughout the year
- Our modern and spacious offices are right on a bus route, and just three miles from the city centre
- We get a daily visit from a local food van, and within walking distance to local Crownhill shops, Warrens, M&S Foodhall, KFC and Co-op.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please select apply and complete our form, making reference to the person specification to demonstrate how you consider that your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the job.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Laura Haynes 07468 533444
Shortlisting Date: w/c 27th November 2023
Interview Date: 6th December 2023
We are a committed Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably talented people from any community and background.
Living and Working in Plymouth