Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Construction Project Manager to join an expanding Telecoms Infrastructure company based in Lymington, Hampshire.
The company is an expanding organisation that specialise in providing wireless telecommunications infrastructure solutions to mobile network operators and landlords across the UK and Ireland. The business is growing with a large pipeline of new locations and upgrade projects forecast across the next 12 months.
Supporting the wider business are their in-house Build Projects team, who are responsible for the construction delivery of all new build and tower upgrade projects across the UK and Ireland. Due to expansion, the team are now looking to appoint a new Construction Project Manager to join the company. The role is based in Lymington, Hampshire with hybrid-working available and regular travel to project sites across the UK.
Your new role
As a Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for the project management and delivery of multiple new build and upgraded telecoms infrastructure assets. The projects vary from in and out of building locations, to traditional field-based tower sites, typically costing up to £150k in value. You will be responsible for managing the construction process from inception to completion, ensuring the works are delivered on budget and to a high standard, whilst working with internal and external stakeholders and contractor teams.
Responsibilities include -
- Construction Project Management of multiple telecoms infrastructure related projects.
- Ensure all projects are planned and implemented effectively.
- Manage and appoint contractor teams.
- Schedule and manage work programmes with contractor teams.
- Manage build budgets and maintain cash flows and forecasts.
- Attend various site visits including pre-start construction meetings and snagging.
- Ensure a high standard of Health & Safety is adhered to.
- Liaise with external third parties including existing landlords, surveyors, design consultants and legal teams.
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, whilst providing regular reporting on progress.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Construction Project Management.
- A proven track record of delivering multiple construction related projects of a similar size and value (Telecoms experience not essential).
- Experience of dealing with building contractors.
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent levels of communication and initiative.
- Willing to regularly travel across the UK, with overnight stays required on occasion.
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 - £55,000 / year depending on experience
- £4,800 Car Allowance
- Bonus scheme up to 20% of basic salary per annum
- Hybrid working
- On-site parking
- Private medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus 2 discretionary Company Days at Xmas
What you need to do now
For more information on this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.