Natural Capital Advisory (NCA) is looking to appoint a Commercial Officer. NCA is the fastest growing subsidiary of the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust (GWCT). Key clients include the Environmental Farmers Group alongside a number of the UK’s principal estates.
Roving between offices in Wiltshire, Hampshire and London, you will be joining a team that is made up of some of the leading players in the natural Capital market. You will be taking a pivotal role in NCA's Convening and Brokering activities. Convening involves building and servicing established farmer cooperatives for enhanced value through economies of scale. Brokering entails land transactions generating tradable Natural Capital credits and nature-based solutions. The current trading funnel totals £29m.
- Promote NCA's capabilities and respond to client inquiries.
- Set and deliver the Convening and Brokering strategies.
- Foster trading opportunities for existing clients.
- Manage relationships with joint agents.
- Resolve obstacles in trading opportunities.
- Coordinate with solicitors for contract accuracy and delivery.
- Report to clients as individuals and Boards as well as the NCA Board.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Negotiate and agree terms with new clients.
Preferably you WILL:
- Be a Commercial or Rural Practice Chartered Surveyor with at least 3 years of PQE.
- Have commercial and entrepreneurial flair.
- Be ready to become a pivotal cog within a smaller business (albeit with secure backing) having cut your teeth through the traditional channels.
- Have a track record in executing transactions in the £1m- £5m range.
- Be well-connected and able to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of good governance in a Board environment.
- Have an interest in the environment, agriculture, and the positive impacts of Natural Capital.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint (desirable).
- Screening Calls: w/c 20th November
- First Interviews: w/c 27th November
- Final Interviews: w/c 4th December
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding well-capitalised business in a growing industry.