I am working with a Local Authority in Lancashire who require an Interim Estates Surveyor on a 6-month initial contract.
Your primary task will be to assist in the management of the commercial estate ensuring rent and service charges are collected on time, properties are kept in repair and ensure tenants are complying with their lease terms.
Daily tasks may include:
- Ensuring rent collection is in line with KPIs and attend regular debt meetings.
- Reviewing and managing tenant applications and preparing ODNs within the required timescales and instructing solicitors as necessary.
- Managing a portfolio of land and property holdings and implement general tenant management functions including: lettings; assignments; sub-lettings; changes of use; alteration of property; schedules of condition / dilapidations; surrenders; monitoring and reporting of property defects.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to improve asset performance, including planned maintenance and investment requirements, and undertake property option appraisals to inform timely and effective decision making.
- Assisting in ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants.
Flexible working is available, with a combination of site visits and home working preferred.
To be considered for this role, you need to be MRICS and have Local Authority experience.
If this role is something that interests you, don't hesitate to get in touch with Emma Dawson on 0203 975 4828 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not suited to you but you're looking for a new position, feel free to get in touch for a discrete conversation about your career and future.