Client-Side Property Manager - Bristol
£50,000-£60,000 + Car + Bonus + Benefits
We are delighted to be partnering with a highly successful property and development company to find a new exciting position of Residential Property Manager for their growing Asset Management team based in Bristol.
The Property Manager will be contributing to the sales and marketing strategies of approximately £500m of residential assets over the next three years, to include affordable, open market sale, student accommodation and build to rent homes.
Initially, the Property Manager will be responsible for budget management of service and estate charges of £1m per annum. This will grow significantly as more homes are delivered.
This role is responsible for proactively managing the residential estate and service charge structures and processes, appointed managing agents/consultancies responsible for day to day building management companies' and estate management company's operations.
It shall ensure that:
- The company offers fair and reasonable charging to occupiers
- The estate is protected and adds value to occupiers
- Revenue generation opportunities are identified to benefit the estate operations
- Risks, costs and threats are appropriately managed
- Maximum operational efficiencies are extracted.
This role will also support the sales and marketing function of the Asset Management team in delivering strategies to develop new assets across residential (and commercial where required) property sectors. The Property Manager will also be responsible for the relationship with:
- Affordable housing providers
- Related local authority management teams
- Residents' association(s)
- Community development partners
Cultivate positive relationships with owners and tenants in open market properties, build-to-rent developments, and affordable housing units.
Support the drafting/negotiation, and enforce lease agreements and transfer covenants, ensuring compliance with regulations and company policies.
Oversee managing agents to ensure regular maintenance activities, addressing repairs and renovations promptly.
Prepare and manage service and estate, mobilisation and operational budgets, focusing on cost-effectiveness and revenue optimization.
Compliance and Social Responsibility:
Stay updated on local, regional, and national housing regulations, ensuring full compliance.
Provide exceptional customer service to property owners, addressing their unique needs and concerns.
Ideally a RICS accredited Real Estate degree and MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or relevant body) are preferred.
Skills & Experience
- A qualified Chartered Surveyor with more than 2 years business experience.
- 5 years minimum experience of property management with a focus on open market properties, build-to-rent developments, and affordable housing solutions.
- Good knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and other relevant statute governing the landlord and tenant relationship as well as wayleaves, easements and licenses.
- A practical and hands-on approach to property management with the ability to inspect and detect faults/defects in the built environment and escalate them to resolution.
- Good knowledge of the property development process and ability to research and assimilate key data to inform strategy.
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks, delegate, and manage through to a resolution on budget and programme.
- A strong communicator to a range of audiences, with the gravitas required to chair legal meetings; present business cases to directors and represent the company's interests with stakeholders (tenants, neighbours, occupiers and members of the public).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and property management software.
The financial package & benefits
- Discretionary bonus and car allowance of £5K
- Pension - up to 20% combined contribution.
- 25 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service
- Opportunity to buy up to 10 days holiday and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Health benefits package and life assurance (up to four times your salary).
- Electric vehicle salary exchange
- Hybrid working
- Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid volunteering day and enhanced family leave
- Interactive health and wellbeing platform
- Support from mental health first aiders
How to apply
If this exciting position sounds like the sort of role you are looking for, please get in touch with Rupert Stuart Baker at Beach Baker, email@example.com / 07557 978 873.
We currently have a range of property roles some of which are not always publicly advertised so please get in touch.