Are you ready to open a new door to an exciting career with a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative and multidisciplinary consultancy firm? Are you ready to jump into a new world working alongside industry leading consultants working within a variety of sectors? Then keen reading!
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a passionate and progressive consultancy construction firm to work on amazing projects within the residential, rail, highways, utilities and claims sectors. This amazing opportunity will be based from Manchester!
You will have an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within their strong training scheme and work alongside established industry professionals.
There is a competitive salary on offer, with great benefits including a pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
The right Quantity Surveyor will be:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- MRICS status or working towards achieving MRICS
- Confident and client facing
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- A team player and keen to work closely with clients and colleagues
- Excellent at communicating and managing workload
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- JCT and/or NEC contract knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge
The role of the Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Understanding of construction contracts
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing, regulating, and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Mentoring and managing junior staff members
Benefits for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Private Medical Cover
- Discretionary bonus
- Amazing training/development opportunities
Aldwych Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.