Associate Director/ Director of Building Surveying
£75,000 - £95,000 + benefits + bonus (based on 2.2x multiplier)
Surrey/ South West London
Carriera are supporting the growth of a well-respected firm of chartered surveyors with the appointment of a ‘second in command’ for the MD. The firm are very well established in London and the South-East, and hence the demand continues to grow and grow for their Building Surveying services; with a pipeline for 2024 already extraordinarily strong.
About the position
The clients the firm service are Banks, Pension Funds, Developers and PropCos; workload is typically within the commercial, retail and industrial spaces. You’ll be expected to be involved in all core BS instructions from complex dilapidations cases to major office and shed refurbishments.
Day to day you’ll be expected to undertake the following:
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Indentify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Negotiate dilapidations claims on behalf of landlord and tenant.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Contract Administration duties.
The successful candidate should have ‘core Building Surveying experience’ in it’s truest sense, within the commercial sphere. Due to such strong demand for my clients services, it’s not a pre-requisite that said person have prior Business Development experience – but an appetite for this would be beneficial/ supported.
An entrepreneurial drive and hunger to individually grow within the company is of paramount importance, as is the desire to take control of and expand the BS team.
- Up to a £six figure package
- Bonus scheme – based on achievable personal multiplier
- Scope for equity
- Generous holiday entitlement