Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Construction Consultancy based in Salisbury.
The company is a leading multidisciplinary construction consultancy with offices across the UK that provides a range of professional services to a portfolio of clients within the public and private sector. This includes their Project and Cost Management department, which holds a strong track record in delivering multiple construction projects across a range of sectors. Their projects are varied, but incorporate sectors such as, defence, commercial, residential, education and healthcare.
The department is now looking to expand its Cost Management team and are keen to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor who will work predominantly alongside one of their key defence sector clients. The role will be based at the client's offices in Salisbury, where you will split your time between here, on-site and working from home.
Your new role
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing a range of cost management / quantity surveying services across multiple construction related projects. These will be on behalf of one key client within the defence sector and will include projects such as science, research and laboratory refurbishments, industrial new builds, accommodation facilities and office fit-outs. Here, you will work closely with the client, and within multidisciplinary teams, to make sure the projects are delivered efficiently and on time and within budget.
Key responsibilities include -
- Provide cost management / quantity surveying services across a range of construction related projects.
- Prepare cost estimates, feasibility reports, tenders and contract documents.
- Manage budgets, cost control and process contractor payments.
- Work closely with consultant and contractor teams to provide regular progress updates to the client.
- Attend site and project meetings.
- Support through the management of less experienced staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified
- Significant post-qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager from within a consultancy or client side environment.
- Strong abilities in a range of pre-and-post-contract Quantity Surveying / Cost Management services.
- Experience of working within the defence sector is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of standard forms of building contracts, including JCT and NEC.
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Proficient skills in report writing, communication and numeracy.
- Must be a UK/British Citizen (SC Clearance eligibility)
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton-based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.