Senior Rural Surveyor / Associate
A multi-disciplinary professional service firm covering the North of England. Their Chartered Surveyors, Farm Business Consultants, Planning and Development Professionals, Valuers, Environmental Specialists and Estate Agents provide a full range of services for their rural client base.
Main purpose of the job
You will be responsible for developing and delivering a professional service across the region for mainly private clients. You will liaise with the wider team to identify and follow up opportunities to add value to the service they offer to their clients.
The role and responsibilities
- Develop work from new and existing clients, in association with other colleagues, and maintain an up-to-date work pipeline.
- Help to grow a team of surveyors to ensure they meet their financial objectives, provide excellent client service and develop their skills and experience.
- Provide advice to clients regarding renewable and energy developments, including option and lease negotiations.
- Advise on rural sales and acquisitions.
- Undertake compensation and compulsory purchase work.
- Preparing professional valuations on behalf of clients, banks, legal representatives as
- Preparing development appraisals, planning applications, nutrient neutrality assessments, and advising on BNG opportunities.
- Advise on landlord and tenant related matters.
- Undertake strategic planning for private and corporate clients.
- Deliver to agreed budget and targets.
The skills you'll have
- RICS accredited and ideally a registered valuer. A member of the CAAV is also preferred. Demonstrable post qualification experience of providing multidisciplined professional advice to landowners and tenants.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
- Ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to accept responsibility and work on your own initiative, whilst adhering to
company policies and procedures .
- Commercially astute, lateral thinker and capable of generating new business.
- Car owner with full UK driving licence.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence by Dan Cole. Please call our office on 07443 880 834 or alternatively send your CV (at this stage do not worry if it's not up-to-date) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org