A high growth FTSE Client-Side Business with operations across the UK. With a commitment to excellence and sustainability, they are at the forefront of transforming landscapes and creating spaces that drive economic growth. As part of expansion plans, they are seeking a seasoned professional to join them as the Head of Planning, based in the Midlands.Position Overview:
As the Head of Planning, you will lead the planning and regulatory aspects of industrial site development projects. This role involves overseeing the entire planning process, from initial site assessments and applications through to securing necessary approvals. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in planning for industrial developments, a comprehensive understanding of regulatory frameworks, and the ability to navigate complex planning challenges.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic planning initiatives for the full-cycle development of industrial sites across the UK.
- Lead the planning team in conducting thorough site assessments, ensuring compliance with local and national planning policies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external consultants, and regulatory bodies to prepare and submit planning applications.
- Provide expert advice on planning considerations, ensuring that projects align with company objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Manage relationships with local authorities, community groups, and other stakeholders to gain support for development proposals.
- Stay current on planning legislation, policies, and industry best practices, incorporating updates into project strategies.
- Work closely with project teams to address planning-related challenges and contribute to the successful delivery of projects.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management, highlighting planning progress, risks, and mitigation strategies.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in planning for industrial site development projects, including a track record of successful planning approvals.
- In-depth knowledge of UK planning regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and guide a planning team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to navigate complex planning challenges.
- Familiarity with sustainability principles and considerations in the planning process.
Contact Josh Powell