Job Title: Project Surveyor
Location: East of England
Salary: up to £43938 plus car allowance of £5800
We are the largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people in England. We manage 60,000 homes for people in later life across almost 1,700 sites and operate in over 85% of local councils in England. Helping people enjoy later life is our passion. It has been for nearly 60 years. And today, in an ageing society, our housing, care and support is needed more than ever.
As England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for those in later life, we’re committed to creating choice and opportunity for everyone. We put our residents at the heart of everything we do, listening carefully and shaping our homes and services around them.
And we’re proudly not-for-profit, which means every penny we make is reinvested into our properties and services, building more and innovating for the future so that people can have a home where they love living in later life.
Why Join the Property Delivery Team?
We are diverse team of over 100 colleagues delivering resident focused property solutions. We operate through a team of 50 surveyors each with a defined group of locations and each surveyor is responsible for between 30 and 40 locations.
This is an exciting time to join us as we conclude procurement of 15-year, £1.7bn contracts. The 8 new contracts will provide a transformational approach to how we deliver services to our residents and realise efficiencies for Anchor. To equip Anchor with the skills and capacity to realise the benefits of these contracts we are recruiting to various new roles!
As a Project Surveyor, reporting to the Senior Projects Manager, your primary responsibility is to oversee the delivery of construction projects and manage relationships within our supply chain. The role involves handling specifications, tendering, and project delivery works in collaboration with various stakeholders. Project examples include homeownership (leasehold) works, premium care home refurbishments, care acquisitions, one-off works requiring design and planning approvals, flat conversion/space optimisation programs, and other specialist projects.
The projects you lead will be integral to the delivery of core investment programs, and collaboration with peers is crucial to achieving the Property directorate’s overall objectives in line with our business plan. Operating in an environment of significant change, you will play a key role in building a resilient service and organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for project delivery from the start on-site stage to completion.
- Implementation of projects in coordination with the property delivery team.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including contractors, portfolio strategy team, sustainability team, and housing/care operations.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory/statutory and internal governance/policy requirements, making recommendations for improvements.
- Building a resilient service and organisation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to HNC/HND (Essential) or working towards.
- Educated to degree level (Desirable) or substantial relevant experience.
- Preferably a professional qualification or working towards one (e.g., MCIOB, MRICS).
- Track record of delivering property projects, including homeownership (S20) programs.
- Demonstrable experience with high-value, complex partnering contracts, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction within budget and on time.
- Leadership experience, guiding teams through change to deliver effective and efficient ways of working.
- Effective people manager with strong leadership skills, motivating individuals and teams to achieve and exceed performance requirements.