Job Title: Senior Disrepair Surveyor
Location: North London / Hybrid
Contract: 6-months ongoing
Pay: Inside IR35 - Negotiable
A North London Local Authority are currently seeking an experienced Senior Disrepair Surveyor on a Interim basis.
- Provide a high level of expertise in the delivery of disrepair, structural, insurance and statutory nuisance related issues. Working with internal and external stakeholders to provide high levels of customer service, quality, value for money and Health and Safety. Managing a small team of surveyors on various surveying disciplines to provide a comprehensive specialised technical service which is professional and effective. Responsible for budget management and ensuring compliance with Haringey Council policies and procedures.
- HNC / degree or above qualification in building, construction surveying or related subject and and/or membership of a recognised professional body or equivalent qualification or experience
- Knowledge of the legal framework relating to disrepair, including the application of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- Experience of dealing with potentially difficult people in potentially difficult situations
- Experience of supervising staff and contractors
- Delivering excellent standards of customer service and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
- Experience in preparing clear written specifications and reports in line with legislation and legal protocols on repair issues
- Ability to survey buildings, diagnose defects and correctly specify required works, or where necessary manage expert external consultants
If you are interested in applying, please apply now with your CV and contact Chris Wilkinson at Spencer Clarke Group