Turner Property Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a FTSE 100 client who are looking for a Head of Building Surveying to join their well-established team.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in defining portfolio strategy/initiatives to ensure market/sector leading practices in areas of Building Safety, Construction and Security.
Reporting to the Retail Property Director, you will be part of the Property Team who are responsible for building strategy to meet the current needs and plan for a safe, secure, flexible, responsive and cost-effective portfolio. As Head of Department, this person will build relationships across the business and provide a platform for effective collaboration.
What you will do
Leading the Building Survey, Safety & Security team to ensure best practice and performance in the following areas in relation to the companies operational and non-operational retail estate including but not limited to the following responsibilities :
- Property Risk Register lead – Leading the team to bring together all Property related risks that make their way on to the Retail Risk Register and to help the HoD team identify new risks as and when they arise capturing and alerting the Risk Committee in the process.
- Commencement of the new 5-year structural survey programme
- Reactive Maintenance of the retail estate via external FM supplier
- Fabric Life-cycle Plan – Proactive programme focused on ensuring key elements of our portfolio are maintained within a maximum life-cycle.
- Residential Portfolio evolution with added focus on fabric/compliance
- Construction Design Management (CDMs) - Policy & process for all works H & S standards, process and audit across all work streams including internal team/external contractors
- Management of all Property Compliance workstreams (Fire Safety, Electric, Asbestos, Gas etc.) Over 17,000 jobs pa.
- Major works including ownership of all property related temporary closures
- Permanent closure strip-out management including reinstatement cases
- Dilapidations – Interim & terminal. Management of budget and external resource with responsibility to deliver 10 in-house cases
- Former Hilton/Group property land management
- Leading and coaching the Survey, Safety & Security team to ensure that we provide a platform for retail success that we can be proud of
- Team management - Ensuring that line reports have the necessary procedures, guidelines, and framework to allow them to achieve divisional goals and objectives. This also entails setting performance objectives in line with the current business strategy and then manage performance to deliver the desired outcome.
- Department representation in ad-hoc working groups linked to Fabric Life-cycle Plan (FLP), planned /reactive maintenance and Residential work streams
- Financial analysis – Collaborates with the Finance team to feed into strategic decisions on proactive and reactive maintenance as well as ad-hoc projects
- CAPEX proposals including presenting and securing Board support for all projects related to the above areas
Who you are
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) with ideally 10 years+ post chartership experience
- 10 years + track record of working in a professional capacity. Preference would be a deep career track record of leading teams and the successful candidate would ideally have a strong background in all areas covered by the team
- Network maintenance & Management – The ideal candidate would have a high value network garnered from their career to date including consultants and contractors. The ability to harness internal and external resources to consistently deliver against business objectives.
- Gravitas and credibility to operate at a senior level
- Excellent people management skills, able to influence, coach and negotiate
- Strong organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills to be able to cope with the pressures of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships effectively and quickly
Salary on offer is between £90,000-£110,000 plus a circa 65% bonus
In return our client can offer benefits including
Car allowance Private Medical Cover Hybrid working – 2+ days in the office Pension scheme – Defined contribution with company matching up to 6% Life assurance – 4x Annual Salary Income protection – 50% Annual holiday – 25 days, plus local public holidays (normally 8) Ability to buy a maximum of 3 extra days and rollover a maximum of 5 days per year Critical illness insurance – Optional paid extra
To learn more about this role please email Sarah by emailing Sarah@turnerpropertyrecruitment.com