Are you an experienced Estates Director looking for an exciting role to develop and maximise the potential of diverse portfolio of estates?
We’re looking for a chartered surveyor to join us as an Estates Director to oversee the safe and secure running of all buildings within group ownership, and to maximise the profit which can be generated from the assets we own and develop.
About the Heart of England Forest
The Heart of England Forest is an exciting and ambitious charity working hard to create a huge new woodland in the heart of the country that will benefit people and wildlife for generations to come.
Our goal is to reach 30,000 acres of semi contiguous forest by planting 13 million native broadleaf trees. To date we have planted more than 2 million trees. The significance and scale of our work cannot be underestimated: The Heart of England Forest - already the largest new native forest in the country – will become one of the largest forests in the UK.
About the role
You will be responsible for the managing the estates team and properties across the forest which include agricultural sites, property lets, holiday sites, education centres, our natural burial ground and many more!
Your primary focus will be delivering traditional estate management services and strategic direction across this diverse portfolio of commercial and specialist assets. This includes handling onboarding processes, managing leases and rent reviews, conducting site inspections, monitoring service charges, forecasting income, and coordinating multifaceted projects as necessary.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will work closely with other managers to identify and assess new opportunities to generate receipts from the Charity’s operations, including agroforestry, forest industries, education, events, merchandising.
We’re looking for someone who will champion sustainability and be an ambassador for the charity, seeking out opportunities to reduce the environmental impact of our estates in line with our charitable objectives.
Our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Heart of England Forest is committed to encouraging equity, diversity and inclusion amongst our current and future workforce. We are a Disability Confident Employer and part of The Race Report, driving diversity in the environment sector. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
What do we offer?
- The chance to join an ambitious charity and play a part in creating and conserving a huge Forest for the benefit of people, wildlife and the environment. There has never been a more important and exciting time to work in conservation. Climate change has never been higher within the public consciousness and political landscape, with tree planting at the forefront of carbon sequestration.
- Competitive salary with a Living Wage Foundation accredited employer
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory company pension with 4.5% employer contribution
- Health Cash Plan – get cash back on opticians, dentists and more!
- Group Income Protection Scheme – to support you if you get sick.
- Employee Assistance Programme – financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Access to exclusive discounts from thousands of retailers
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
Closing date: Sunday 18th February 2024
Interview date: Thursday 29th February 2024