Winchester City Council is seeking to recruit a dedicated, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Building Control Surveyor to join its friendly yet busy Building Control Team. Together with a team of surveyors you will be challenged with responding to service demand across 250 square miles of central Hampshire, covering a diverse mix of historic towns, villages and beautiful rural countryside.
The applicant must have experience of conducting plans checks and onsite inspections, be a good communicator, possess developed IT skills, a good attention to detail, with an ability to organise and prioritise their workload. Knowledge and experience of the Building Act 1984, it’s associated Building Regulations and the Building Safety Act 2022, is essential.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have either achieved or are working towards registering to minimum level 2 competency, with the Building Safety Regulator and show membership of a relevant professional body such as RICS, CABE or an equivalent.
The successful candidate will be predominantly site based and therefore must be able to fulfil the physical demands and travel requirements of the post.
Previous experience in similar local government work would be an advantage as is an attention to detail and a positive attitude.
In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For an informal discussion please contact David Ingram, Service Lead at 01962 848479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Phelps Building Control Manager at email@example.com.