Job Title: Facilities Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Wales
Salary: Up to £35,000 + £4,400 car allowance
Key skills: Experience managing budgets
We have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Managers looking to join a company with great progression opportunities. This role will be a good match for an ambitious single site FM or Building Manager who is looking for the next step in their career and take on a multi-site role.
What Makes This Role Special:
- Build your career within an organisation that is active in all areas of the commercial property market across the UK.
- They will support you in your career by offering a tailored programme to support your career development and help achieve your professional aspirations.
- It's a great place to work - you'll benefit from working with a grounded and approachable lot.
- Tenant liaison - To liaise regularly with all tenants to keep them informed of actions, work and activities associated with the day to day running of the building, including anything out of the ordinary that may impact on daily routines.
- Tenancy and building issues changes - to refer all tenancy issues to the Estate Surveyor/Property Manager and be aware how own actions can implicate the terms of the lease. To seek advice from the estates colleagues or RFM in the event of any doubt.
- Service charge - to produce a draft service charge budget to reflect the estimated running costs of the property to include correct allocation of costs and to allow direct recovery as applicable
- Lease requirements - to inform the responsible Estates Surveyor/Property Manager immediately where tenant activity has the potential to breach occupational lease agreements, for example, infringement of "house rules", sudden loss of tenant staff or changes to structure, out of scope requests for service, etc.
- Property inspection - to undertake regular property inspection and produce an inspection report to the frequency specified by Information Exchange. Complete an inspection report during each inspection.
- Contracts and contractor management - manage all aspects of contractor day to day activities at site, including Health and Safety in the common parts.
- Health & Safety Risk Assessments - ensure that the following Risk Assessments are undertaken by Ligtas across the portfolio at the prescribed frequencies including but not limited to: -
- Health and Safety
- Working at Height
- Water treatment
- FM experience or background in a related FM discipline
- Currently have or working towards Affiliate IWFM or Assoc IWFM qualification
- (professional qualification to be gained within two years of appointment)
- Good understanding of H&S in the industry, ideally IOSH qualified or prepared to undertake the IOSH certificate within 6 months of appointment.
- Ambition to progress in FM.
- Welsh speaking would be an advantage but not essential.
How to apply
If this looks like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org