Join our motivated, public-focused and integrated property team, where you can enjoy a purposeful career and contribute to the delivery of vital services to Hampshire’s residents.
Hampshire County Council (HCC) Property Services is a pioneering public sector organisation with a national reputation for design, procurement and asset management. We seek a qualified real estate surveyor with substantial experience to join our 400-strong, integrated, multi-disciplinary property team. Recognised as one of the highest performing local authorities in the UK, our property team expertly delivers a wide range of building and asset management projects for the County Council and other partner organisations, successfully matching a commercial approach to a public sector brief. HCC has a challenging Climate Change Action Plan which our work helps to drive.
Based in Winchester, the heart of Hampshire, your role will be to manage a range of key property projects, providing quality advice and professional services to the County Council and its partners, working to achieve operational and strategic objectives and outcomes. Your focus will be on property rationalisations, acquisitions, disposals, landlord & tenant, and property management. The Council has an impressive and varied portfolio of approx. 7,000 buildings on 1,500 sites, so there is potential for you to deal with an array of assets including schools, care homes, libraries, offices, country parks, highway infrastructure, waste recycling facilities and industrial premises.
You will be a highly motivated individual, possessing strong project leadership and excellent communication and negotiation skills. You will be technically astute and have good business acumen.
What we can offer you!
There are many reasons why we are a great choice for your next career move:
- We offer a pleasant, supportive, and collaborative working environment which promotes an excellent work-life balance.
- Hybrid working: This role is based in Winchester with a hybrid working arrangement (office and home working) to suit operational requirements.
- We are committed to inclusion, diversity and wellbeing. Staff are encouraged to get involved in a variety of internal Networks (BME, staff disability, Carers and working parents, and LGBT+) in accordance with our Inclusion Strategy.
- Flexible and family friendly working patterns.
- Generous annual leave plus bank holidays and paid sick leave.
- Staff discounts for a range of goods and services, as well as travel and eyecare.
- Generous Employer Pension Contribution.
- Opportunities to develop your skills and experience, informally, or formally.
- The support of a wider team who will value you and what you achieve.
To find out more about what we can offer you in return, please see our Benefits Package.
Senior Estates Surveyor Job Description and Person Specification
Contact Details for an Informal Discussion:
David Clayton, Estates Team Leader on 037077 91997 or email@example.com
Kent Brennan, Estates Team Leader – 0370 779 8223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.