The post of Cathedral Estate Works Manager is part of the Diocesan Senior Management team and part of the Cathedral’s Management team. It also supports the maintenance of the Choir School. The post is managed as a part of the Diocesan Property Services Department under the Director of Property Services.
The role includes management of the Assistant / Deputy Cathedral Estate Works Manager who assists and deputises for the Cathedral Estate Works Manager, and the management of the Maintenance team leader who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the maintenance team.
- Continue to develop and implement the Long-Term Maintenance Plan (LTMP).
- In conjunction with the Cathedral Complex Architect, plan & implement maintenance projects derived from the LTMP. Input to the budgetary process advising on costs and impact on the complex.
- Direct the activities of the Cathedral Complex maintenance team.
- Managing the activities of Contractors on the complex to ensure safe working and compliance with site standing instructions. Ensure they comply with security arrangements as agreed with the Head of Security.
- Planning for events in the Cathedral and on the wider complex. Attend and actively participate in planning Meetings making briefing notes as necessary. Prepare seating plans and wider event plans.
- Respond to requests from the Chief Operating Officer and the Dean of the Cathedral as necessary.
- Managing routine maintenance contracts in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Assist with developing initiatives from other parts of the Cathedral’s Management team for the wider mission of the Cathedral and the complex.
- Be a part of the Cathedral Complex Conservation Strategy Committee
- Be a part of the Cathedral Planning Group
- Issue reports to and attend meetings of the Cathedral Finance Committee.
- Manage and motivate the Cathedral Maintenance team
- Working as a team to review and implement Decarbonisation measures as far as practically possible.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Maintenance of the Cathedral Complex both reactive and planned
- In conjunction with the Cathedral Estate Head of Security manage and implement security arrangements for Works and Events.
- Manage the planning and logistics for Events on the Cathedral Complex.
- Ensure all H & S and Fire Safety procedures are respected and implemented.
- Manage and control the maintenance departments work schedule.
- Financial and budget management
- Provide regular written reports to various Committees