Senior Building Surveyor
Location: Ealing, London, W5 2BS
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Senior Building Surveyor
At Bellrock, we harness technology to give our customers an experience that not only leaves them with advanced building systems. But with peace of mind. And we unlock that by being technology-led, but people-driven. So when you’re part of Bellrock, you’ll get everything you need to be your best at work - because our people are the heart of our business. And we’re all about helping them to shine.
We’re introducing this exciting role to join our vibrant and expanding Building Surveying team to carry out a variety of building surveying work on a broad mixture of residential and public sector properties.
How will you be the change?
We believe every role is essential to providing that peace of mind for our customers - whatever part of the business you’re in. Because every role plays a part in driving us further. And everyone can be the change. That’s how deliver value for our customers, and building systems that lead the way.
And as a Senior Building Surveyor with John Rowan & Partners, you’ll do it by…
- Managing instructions and projects.
- You’ll be responsible for collating and writing reports.
- You’ll be contributing to the team’s skill base developing efficient working practices.
- You’ll be collaborating and managing external stakeholders in order to understand and fulfil the client’s needs.
- You’ll be managing client projects and looking for opportunities for new client development.
- You’ll be producing tender documents including specifications, preambles and preliminaries using NBS or similar packages.
- You’ll be proactive in identifying risks with robust mitigation strategies.
- You’ll be producing management reports and communicating progress and forecasts to the client team, including all pre and post contract management duties.
- You’ll be attending sites, as well as internal and external client facing meetings.
- You’ll be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation which affects the properties managed by our clients.
- Assisting in promoting sustainable thinking to our clients and have a basic level of understanding as to how to integrate sustainable thinking into our projects.
What does it take?
If you’re ready to be the energy that helps us build our business, share our success, and really own it as a Senior Building Surveyor, you’ll need…
- You are a fully Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS), with a minimum of two years post qualification experience OR;
- You have a Building Surveying degree awarded by a UK university accredited by the RICS
- You have demonstrable experience of technical due diligence surveys.
- You have a solid understanding and demonstrable experience in defect diagnosis and planned maintenance schedules.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in party wall and neighbourly advice.
- You have demonstrable experience of writing building condition reports and schedules of condition.
- You have demonstrable experience of advising owners and occupiers on maintenance and statutory responsibilities.
- A solid understanding of contract administration.
- You will have knowledge and experience of delivering fire safety and building safety projects.
- You are proficient in AutoCAD with a good working knowledge in all Microsoft Office packages.
- You have a full clean driving license.
We embrace smarter working practices which offer our employees the opportunity to work their hours flexibly and remotely where their roles and business needs allow. In this role, the successful candidate would be required to work from the John Rowan & Partners office, Ealing, W5 2BS, three days a week with the team and the rest of the week can be worked from home.
What can we offer you?
Upon joining Bellrock, you can expect a comprehensive benefits package including:
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 1 additional day as a thank you (enjoy it, it’s on us)
Salary exchange pension scheme
Paid sick leave
LifeWorks employee assistance and wellness program
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to work and Techscheme
Private medical insurance
Holiday purchase scheme of additional 5 days per year
Offers and discount scheme designed to save money on everyday shopping and essentials
Refer a friend
Helping you to shine
We’ve always encouraged new and different perspectives - and that also means making ours a workplace that encourages diverse and unique voices. Where everyone feels welcome, included, and supported to be themselves and achieve more.
So, if you join us, you’ll find an inclusive workplace that recognises your hard work, offers lots of learning and development, flexible and hybrid working, and support for your wellbeing. As well as benefits that can make a difference to your life.
Ready to start shining?
Our people are our passion, so we’re all about helping them to shine. That means putting everything in place for you to have a rewarding career with us. So you can go far in your career, with us behind you. And our business will grow, too. So, if you’re ready to start your career journey with John Rowan & Partners, we’re ready to welcome you. It’s a great place to be - the light, the energy, the solution. You.