Senior Building Surveyor MRICS - London
If you're an experienced Building Surveyor who wants a career working for a 'blue chip' global consultancy that plays to your strengths then keep reading.
Join one of our the growing London based-teams as a Building Surveyor and you'll discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional.
Overview of Role:
You will be focused on excellence in service delivery and client satisfaction, liaising closely with Partners, Team Leaders and colleagues. This will include the development and care of client relationships and providing a premier service to win new and repeat business. The role offers the opportunity to make a real impact on a growing service offering within our business and you will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression, whilst at the same time being exposed to cross-sector experience.
The Buildings division works with clients across many sectors, both in the private sector as well as in central & local government and the health & education sectors.
Your day-to day responsibilities (outline):
- Provide sound and reasoned technical and professional advice to clients or internal stakeholders relating to the Building Surveying scope of services, which will include:
- design and specification
- contract administration
- party wall matters
- historic building conservation
- technical due diligence (TDD) and surveys, including for pre-acquisition, stock condition, validation and building defect/pathology purposes
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects (generally <£100K - £2M) and professional assignments and/or support the senior colleagues in the delivery of larger projects / assignments.
- Assist with the development of Building Surveying services, responding to market opportunities
- From time to time you may act as an APC Candidate's Supervisor.
What you have to offer:
- MRICS qualified, with at least 2 years PQE
- Good communication skills with a pro-active approach and 'can do' attitude
- Have detailed and thorough knowledge of both traditional and modern building construction technology and techniques
- Team player and capable of influencing others to achieve necessary output
- A strong track record as a professional Building Surveyor, showing the desire for a progressive career structure
- Experience of property refurbishment and maintenance
- Experience of controlling quality on projects
- Experience of leading challenging projects
- Experience in 'professional' Building Surveying work streams, eg. dilapidations, party wall consultancy, TDD, surveys etc
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8% (waiting period applies)
- Flexible Benefits
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus
If you are a Chartered Senior Building Surveyor and are looking for a challenge but want to work for a company that will nourish your development too, then apply today.