Are you an experienced Claims Consultant with an impressive background in claims and dispute resolutions? Do you want to work for a UK leading specialist in this field? Keep reading, this could be the opportunity for you!
A specialist Commercial Management and Dispute Resolution specialist are looking to for an experienced Claims Consultant for their established team in London. You will join a professional team who provides commercial management and forensic expert witness services to major construction and engineering companies, specialist sub-contractors and client organisations throughout the UK and internationally.
As a Claims Consultant you will be reporting to the Director responsible for expert work and the position will be to provide consultancy services comprising:
- Review and analysis of tender and contract documentation.
- Full commercial management of construction projects through to agreement of final account.
- Preparation of claims for loss and expense.
- Preparation of adjudication referral, response and reply documents.
- Strategic advice at all stages of the construction lifecycle.
- The role will require an experienced commercial manager with the ability to interpret and operate both standard form and bespoke contract procedures and mechanisms.
As a Claims Consultant you must possess:
- MRICS status or working towards completing RICS chartership
- Possess a degree in Quantity Surveying, Law, Dispute Resolution or similar with suitable post qualification experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of commercial procedures, the principles of contract law and the ability to prepare and assess and interrogate construction costs.
- Must also have a strong working knowledge of dispute resolution procedures, specifically Adjudication, and have prepared or assisted in the preparation of referral or response documents.
- Must have the ability to interrogate, prepare and defend contractual claims ranging from single issue disputes, valuation and payment disputes through to complex time and quantum disputes.
- Ideally, the candidate will possess a second Degree in a relevant subject (Masters, LLM) and will have prepared or assisted in the preparation of Expert Witness reports, Statements of Claim and Defence documents.
- Assignments will usually be undertaken within the client organisation; therefore, candidates must have the ability to work independently, possess sufficient confidence and judgement to request help, guidance and advice when required and maintain the highest standard of discretion.
Aldwych Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.