Peace Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a leading consultancy specialising in the delivery of large-scale major infrastructure projects.
They are delivering a prestigious £100 million Hydro Electric project in the scenic Scottish Highlands, contributing to the region's renewable energy initiatives and environmental preservation, the largest scheme the UK has delivered in 40 years.
We are looking for candidates with ideally renewables experience, however our client will consider applications from candidates with experience in heavy civils, highways/transportation, rail and general infrastructure within a consultancy environment.
Position Overview: Our client is seeking five experienced Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors to join their professional and dynamic team, you will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of the Hydro Electric project. You will be responsible for managing all costs related to the project, ensuring maximum value for money while adhering to quality standards and project timelines. Successful candidates can be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow, you will be expected to work from the client’s office in Glasgow or Perth 2-3 days per week.
- Conducting comprehensive feasibility studies
- Preparing detailed tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, ensuring clarity and accuracy.
- Evaluating and negotiating contracts with suppliers and contractors to secure the best value for the project.
- Proactively monitoring project progress and cost variations, identifying potential risks and opportunities for cost savings.
- Providing expert financial advice and implementing robust cost control measures throughout the project lifecycle.
- Building strong relationships with clients, contractors, and project stakeholders, effectively managing their expectations and addressing any cost-related issues.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the quantity surveying team, fostering their professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying
- MRICS status is advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale infrastructure projects, preferably in the renewable energy sector.
- In-depth knowledge of NEC contracts, procurement methods, and cost management techniques.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software such as CostX, CCS Candy, or similar.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities, with the capacity to influence key stakeholders.
- Salary expectations from £45,000 to £60,00 per annum
- Circa £5,000 car allowance
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and an industry leading pension scheme
- Opportunities for continuous professional development and career advancement within a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects and clients, contributing to personal and professional growth.
- Work-life balance offering hybrid working
Application Process: If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to the renewable energy sector and possess the skills and experience required for this role, apply by submitting your CV or call Lewis Potter for more information.