Chartered Building Surveyor
- Hollis Global
- Generous salary + benefits
- 19 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Construction, Property
- Building Surveyor, Construction, Property Management
- Contract Type
Chartered Building Surveyor
Salary: Generous salary + benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Want to join a leading international, independent real estate consultancy with an all together different approach?
We are looking for an experienced, efficient, and enthusiastic (Chartered) Building Surveyor to join us after another fantastic year across our real estate sectors. Due to exponential growth, we need a strong (Chartered) Building Surveyor to manage several current and potential large-scale projects.
As a result of an influx of demand for their building surveying services, Hollis wants to continue expanding our surveying team and support the growth of our Edinburgh office. We are keen to hear from anyone able to hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
- Delivering a range of building surveying services including dilapidations, schedules of condition, building defects, technical due diligence and project management
- Take ownership of service workload and gain project lead status in the near future
- Support with end to end business development opportunities and provide excellent service to clients to support their needs
- Help develop and mentor junior surveyors in the team and develop and grow the service within Hollis
- In due course, support Directors in the delivery of client growth plans and line management of graduate/apprentice surveyors
- MRICS or close to sitting APC
- Must be client facing and be able to establish / grow a client base and generate own revenue
- Familiar with design process and RIBA plan of work
- Experience of speaking / presenting in a design team meetings
- Familiar with the planning process and experience of presenting at planning committees and appeals
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We strive to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- An employee-owned business who directly benefit from its success through dividends
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, and more
- Happy to consider flexible working arrangements
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights, and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also love giving back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail to see if it would be a good fit for you, including our generous salary and benefits package, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jen Macmillan at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07818572319. Alternatively if you want to have a chat about any other potential opportunities we may have, please feel free to reach out for a conversation.