Senior Chartered Building Surveyor / Associate / Senior Associate
- Business Type
Want to join a leading international, independent real estate consultancy with an all together different approach?
We are looking for an experienced, efficient, and enthusiastic Chartered Building Surveyor (open to level) to join us after another fantastic year across our real estate sectors. Due to exponential growth, we need a strong candidate to cover a variety of building surveying areas with a focus on our Technical Due Diligence (TDD) service and dilapidations.
As a result of Hollis’ desire to continue expanding building surveying services, we are looking for someone to take ownership of their role within our building surveying team. We are keen to hear from anyone able to hit the ground running with minimal supervision.
- Take ownership as a key point of contact for building surveying instructions across the midlands and take on a healthy pipeline of existing work
- Focus on TDD & Dilapidations and carry out these instructions across a variety of commercial real estate properties
- Carry out vendor and pre-acquisition surveys of commercial property
- Support the building/quantity surveying teams and assist with work in dilapidations, TDD and measured surveys
- Develop and manage strong stakeholder relationships, win business and provide excellent customer care
- Support and mentor junior staff such as graduates
- Work closely with directors and associates to co-ordinate workload across neighbouring office
- Proficient in TDD, dilapidations and building surveys, competency in project work would be advantageous
- Previous exposure to a variety of commercial real estate sectors
- Experience within a similar building/real estate consultancy
- Excellent communication skills, works well within a team and keen to enhance an already highly reputable service
- Aware of the local market and able to grow a strong network of contacts and business opportunities
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, technical specialists, ESG consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We aim to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly attractive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
Hollis operates a hybrid-working policy giving employees the opportunity to work between their home and our offices, where their job allows it. In addition, employees are encouraged to request flexible working hours when needed and we work hard to accommodate where we can.
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also give back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
Together we welcome, we embrace, and we celebrate our differences. Our aim is to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace which supports and cares for all our employees, including those from underrepresented or non-dominant groups. We’re focused on a culture of inclusion; where all barriers including prejudice are removed from our working environment; and where all our people are empowered to be the best they can be.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you would like the opportunity to join Hollis but your past experience is not an exact match, we encourage you to apply anyway as you could be the right candidate for this role or another role within the company.
If you require alternative formats of our documents or need to apply offline, please get in touch with the talent acquisition team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7622 9555.